Friday, November 21, 2008

Meet the winners 5 - Reen!




















Reen came out of nowhere to bring home the victory last challenge. Or out of nowhere isn't really true, she comes from Malaysia, where she's running with us. She's supernice and started running for a reason. Read up below.

How did you get involved in the runwithe challenges?


Through LFTEC. When I took up running and struggled to keep doing it, the runwithe challenge came to mind. It really motivates me to run when I see that I am lagging behind.

Have you always been a runner?
No.

Why do you run?
Mainly to lose weight which I have steadily put on over the years. Earlier this year, my BMI was almost in the 'Obese' category. So I started eating more healthily and joined kick boxing classes. Kick boxing then became somewhat expensive, so I took up running in October. It's a really good and way cheaper alternative, although I am still at the stage where I find it really hard/painful.

How often do you run?

I try to run 3 times a week... but if I slack off during the weekdays, I'll do a long run on the weekends instead.

When do you run?

Varies on how my day is. If I am going to have a long day at work, I'll try to run in the morning. I really like running at night in my housing area, though. The neighborhood is really pretty at night.

Do you run alone or together with someone?
Alone.

How far do you usually run?
I aim for at least 3kms (which sometimes doesn't happen!) and more than that on the weekend.

What kind of shoes do you run in?

New Balance.

What music do you run to?
Mika, Prodigy, Morcheeba, The Beatles, Travis, Foo Fighters. Really random.

How do you beat the "I don't want to go running" moods?

I think about the scale. The fact that I've lost some weight in the past month is enough to keep me going for now. But then again, since I am still new to running. I might still be a bit enthusiastic about it. We'll see :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to REEN!!!! totally freakin amazing!!!!!!!:)

r said...

thanks meg :)